Monday, January 30, 2012

Divas and Darlings - SAG Awards 2012

Red Carpet Fashion
Screen Actors Guild Awards 2012

All the glamour and gowns from the 18th Annual SAG Awards 2012 Red Carpet.

Biggest Trend - Braids
Kaley Cuoco enchanted in an aqua-mint confection by Romona Kerveza, with textured skirt and strapless draped bodice. TV Presenter Renee Bargh was beautiful in a purple lace and draped dress by Basil Soda. Ariel Winter looked delightful in a smokey grey Collette Dinnigan dress with beaded bustier and knee-length lace skirt. Dianna Agron was pretty in a deep pink Carolina Herrera gown with ruffle neck detailing. All ladies wore braided hairstyles.

The Scene Stealers
Emma Stone was perfection in Alexander McQueen. She chose a black tea-length dress with ruffled lace bustier neckline, pairing it with a McQueen clutch and floral adorned heels. Rose Byrne pioneered a new red carpet trend, wearing an ivory embellished Elie Saab jumpsuit, with plunge neck and wide-leg pants. Emily Blunt stood out in a revitalizing shade of vivid green, wearing a one-shouldered Oscar de la Renta gown.

 Black & White
Zoe Saldana opted for a white silk organza Givenchy Couture gown with crystal beading and a sheer netted top. Paz Vega looked glamourous in a glistening black and white gown. Although slightly bridal, I loved Judy Greer's angelic white Collette Dinnigan dress. Emilia Clarke donned Chanel, showing off accentuated shoulders and a black feathered skirt. Viola Davis put on a white strapless Marchesa gown with gold embroidered bodice.

Into The Blue 
Jessica Chastain in a sapphire blue fitted corset gown by Calvin Klein. Jane Lynch chose a royal blue V-neck David Meister dress. Diane Lane wore a blue satin one-shouldered dress, which is also coincidentally by David Meister.

Glee Girls
Naya Rivera wore sparkly ice grey embellished Naeem Khan gown with deep plunge-neck. Jayma Mays dazzled in a black sequined Reem Acra gown, with the back covered in lace. Lea Michelle showed off some serious leg in a pale grey Versace dress with woven bodice.


Black Out
Amber Heard looked alluring in black silk-faille cut-out Zac Posen gown. The always elegant Angelina Jolie wore a fluid liquid-look Jenny Packham gown. Ashlee Simpson pleasantly surprised style critics in a beaded Jenny Packham dress with sheer capelet. Stacy Keibler was a safe bet in a lace off-the-shoulder Marchesa gown.


TV Presenters
Kelly Osbourne was refined in a cream Badgley Mischka gown with tassel belt and embroidered sleeves. Giuliana Rancic wore a red Basil Soda gown with alternating panels and a metallic belt. Maria Menounos flaunted her stunning figure in a form-fitting Dolce & Gabbana gown. Nancy O'Dell wore a fire-engine red tiered gown.

Too Much Champagne Makes  Everything Look The Same
If I see one more gown in this dull champagne shade, I will pass out from boredom. Julianna Marguiles wears Calvin Klein. Katrina Bowden in strapless lace Amsale. Kristen Wiig in a halter-neck Balenciaga gown. Sarah Hyland in an age-accelerating dress by Temperley London. Berenice Bejo was shimmery in Ralph Lauren. Yawn.

Berrylicious 
Julie Bowen was beautiful in a magenta gown with split sleeves by Temperley London. Michelle Williams wore a strawberry red Valentino gown with asymmetrical hem and lace neckline. Natalie Portman looked gorgeous in a strapless plum silk-chiffon Giambattista Valli gown with large floral motif. Sofia Vergara stuns in raspberry gown with folded strapless bodice by Marchesa. Kyra Sedgewick was chic in a cherry red Emilio Pucci dress with cut-out back.


Who was your favourite pick at the 2012 SAG Awards?

37 comments:

Ember Drake said...

I love Paz Vega's dress and also most of the 'Berrylicious' girls - the colour is beautiful!

Em
x

http://emberdrake.blogspot.com

Dolce said...

I think the TV Presenters had the best dresses so far & including the black dress set! They're both amazingly gorgeous :) but look at those blings!

Jo Bao ♥

Judith said...

Amazing dresses, especially Naya Rivera :)

Dominika | Into the Bloom said...

Naya Rivera, Stacy Keibler, Katrina Bowden and Maria Menounos are my top 4, they all looked amazing! :)

http://glamourxkills.blogspot.com

Denise said...

Again a fantastic selection! You are a Master on that!!! (And other things too, of course!)
By now you know my style: the full circle ruffled skirts... so I loved Kaley Cuoco, Ariel Winter and Emma Stone outfits...!
Then Emilia Clarke, Jane Lynch and Diane Lane, Sarah Hyland and Michelle Williams! I can dream of wearing these fantastic gowns!!!
Superb selection, dear Sam! I loved it!

Nuar said...

Hey, Sam!
I knew you would make this great commentary on the SAG Awards fashion, that's why I came directly here!
I liked the better Emily Blunt's green number, Zoe Saldana's Givenchy and Natalie Portman's Valli. I applaud the fresh braided hairstyles, too!
XOXO from BA, María José
http://www.nuarbarcat.blogspot.com/

NaNa said...

oh my kaley cuoco and emma stone look so so amazing!

love from the NaNa girls x

Teresa said...

you always this kind of posts first than me!! hahaha

ok, i looooove Elie Saab! all his pieces are so classy and gorgeous!!! that's why Rose Byrne was my favorite<3 so daring and chic!

another one of my faves was Michelle Williams.. gorgeous lace sleeves!

thanks for this wonderful review :)
xx
teresa
www.trend-ish.com

Jessica said...

I honestly really love the Elie Saab jumpsuit! I think Rose Byrne looked stunning. Also really loved Michelle Williams's in Valentino. ;)

xx Jessica

Daniella said...

You always have the best picks in these posts of yours!! I love how many beautiful dresses there are here. My top three best dressed here would defiantly be Rose Byrne because i love how she rocked a jumpsuit on the red carpet ,it certainly gives her and edgy appeal. I also loved what Emilia Clarke wore,that Chanel dress is incredible and the dress that Giuliana Rancic wore looks like it was made for her,she looks amazing! :)

Take care honey,Daniella xox

Miu said...

Wow, there are so many beautiful dresses this time!

I like Kaley Cuoco's, Ariel Winter's, Jayma Mays', Ashlee Simpson's, Michelle William's and Sofia Vergara's.
It's very hard to decide which one is my favourite... but I think Jayma Mays' dress looks the best!

Unknown said...

Everyone looks amazing, I need an event to wear a dresses like these to!!
aimee
www.new-yorkdoll.blogspot.com
xxx

Bailey Schneider said...

I found them all very beautiful, but quite safe. Perhaps they're holding out for The Oscars :-)
Much love, Bailey from Vanilla Blonde

Mileide Almeida said...

I loved all the photos and all the dresses! Your blog is very good and beautiful! Welcome to my ever! Love!

Camille said...

kailey cuoco looks so adorable! love her dress!

margaret cruzemark said...

I find Emily Bland 's dress amazing. I adore emerald.
Kisses and hugs
Miss Margaret Cruzemark
http://margaretcruzemark.blogspot.com/

The Fashion Diaries said...

omg so many dresses and a lot beautiful! I don't like only the dress with pants! I mean, you are on a red carpet you MUST wear a long dress! ahah :) check out my new post honey! xoxo

Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings said...

Sofia Vergara is always at the top of my list! I also think that Jayma Mays looks beautiful too. :)

Thanks for sharing pics. I hadn't seen these yet.

Mendi @ Her Late Night Cravings

Call Me Snakke said...

I love all of these dresses! Ahh-mazing! Great post.


Callmesnakke

A Very Sweet Blog said...

I really liked Ariel's smoky grey dress. So cute and charming!
http://www.averysweetblog.com/

Anonymous said...

Oh my word, as always Natalie P look stunning!!! Love that colour and the kitschy little ruffle/flower/fabric cluster off to the side. And surprisingly, Ashlee Simpson's gown is probably my favourite...how elegant and lovely!

<3 Cambria
jupefashion.blogspot.com

Molliee said...

obsessed with Giuliana's dress!!!

tres chic chica said...

alot of beautiful dress, great variety! I love that. Thanks for the post Sam, I didn't watch lastnight.

http://nyorkeratheart.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

stunning dresses, adore emily blunt in green!

Might wanna enter my current 'Karl Lagerfeld' Goodie Giveaway, sweets!

http://some-kind-of-style.blogspot.com/2012/01/karl-lagerfeld-net-porter-collection.html

Samantha said...

What beautiful dresses! Absolutely stunning! I love them all! If I really had to choose a favourite I would pick Sofia Vergara. Really enjoyed your post.

Greetings from Cape Town, South Africa! x

http://www.samantha-lorraine-designs.blogspot.com

escondidas en tu armario said...

hello dear! i didn´t know your blog and it´s so good!! i follow you ok??
kisses

maitane

Vannessa@Luxuria said...

George Clooneys girlfriend always gets it right for me-every time :-) I also liked Kyra Sedgewick too xx

Alexandra said...

I fully agree with all your picks here, for me the best were Rose Byrne, Natalie Portman, Michelle Williams, Emma Stone and Emily Blunt. Those champagne dresses are just so overdone!

Alexandra xo

http://tovogueorbust.com/

Nhi said...

i looove the black ones:)

Love,
Nee
ROSECANDLE11

VintageDanielle said...

I love the berry and all black photos, really spices things up on the red carpet. I wasn't feelign the blue dresses, just clashed too much with the environment.

Haus of Style said...

gosh, I can never get enough of these dresses. they all look amazing!

Alena: Oh, Its Just Perfect! said...

Rose was my favorite - she just looked so cool! Especially in a sea of frilly dresses, her jumpsuit and hair were amazing!

Sandra Leiva said...

They all look amazing, great dresses! <3

LaTasha Bunting said...

They all look amazing but I LOVE Natalie Portman and Sofia Vergara in "Berrylicious", I love the blue dresses, and I love the Glee girls dresses!!! Nice post!
Sincerely,
LB
x0x0x0x

aki! said...

Sofia Vergaga can do no wrong for me.

hope in high heels said...

Judy Greer and Ariel Winter... it may not surprise you to hear I have a very soft spot for Collette Dinnigan. She's such an amazing Australian designer and I love her creations of lace, intricate beading and gorgeous shimmery detail.

Elsa said...

I loved so many looks but the one that it blew my mind was the Ellie Saab jumpsuit! So inspired and unique!

xx
Out Of The Box