Saturday, October 01, 2011

Who Wore Alberta Ferretti Better?

Who Wore It Better?
A Gossip Girl or Latina Actress

This first time I spotted this gorgeous pink Alberta Ferretti dress, was in April this year, when the beautiful Camilla Belle wore it for a red carpet event. Forward five months and the same dress appears in a scene of Gossip Girl, worn by our favourite television fashionista, Blair Waldorf. The pretty pink dress is from Alberta Ferretti's Fall 2011 collection, and features a tie-up halter neck and embellished doubled tiered skirt.


Left: Camilla Belle wore the salmon pink dress to the 'Good Housekeeping Annual Shine On Awards' on 12 April in New York City. Camilla accessorized with a black Salvatore Ferragamo clutch bag, Cartier jewels and two-toned ankle-strap heels by Christian Louboutin.
Right: Blair Waldorf (Leighton Meester) is styled in the chiffon frock for an episode of the upcoming season of Gossip Girl. She paired her dress with cream tweed Moschino jacket trimmed with frills and pearls. Blair carries a quilted Marc Jacobs handbag and walks in Roger Vivier buckle-front court heels, both in similar neutral shades.

The dress as shown on the runway by German model Luisa Bianchin. It is worn with thigh-high charcoal grey boots.

 Camilla wore her hair in a slightly messy updo, while Blair added a matching Carissa pink fascinator to her sleek hair style.


Even though I am a a fan of both stylistas, I'm going to go with Blair on this one. Her outfit is styled in a way that is not typical or predictable. I prefer her accessories as well. I had liked this dress from the moment I saw it on Camilla. But after seeing Blair in it, I like it a whole lot better. She takes the original dress and gives it so much more life and character. 
What do you think?

9 comments:

Style, She Wrote said...

Blair Waldorf always wins!! xo style, she wrote

JADEandNICA said...

camilla


forr sureee


JADE of JADEandNICA.blogspot.com

Damy said...

Thats a beautiful dress! Both looks gorgeous,but I prefer Camilla´s look, isn´t risky like Blair..I suposed I´m not so risky enough hahaha. Thanks for your lovely comment!
Kisses dear!

http//damycooldetodoydenada.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Blair I think=)

And I love your blog and those post like this!
I´m now your newest follower... hope you´ll visit my too=)

http://voguewired.blogspot.com

Sam said...

Thanks for your kind comment J. Kim :)

jkd said...

Blair. I love Blair!

Wait Until The Sunset said...

ooohh I think I like Blair best too! :)

Olivia :) x
Wait Until The Sunset

LOLA FINN said...

Definitly Camilla Belle!

Anonymous said...

Blair always!